The old saying ‘better safe than sorry’ has never been more important.
Steve Jobs may have been a smarty pants but he definitely didn’t do humanity any favours when he (Apple Incorporated) developed the smart phone without doing safety testing for long term use. They have since updated their safety messages and exclude themselves from any law suite by providing a safety warning. Apple important safety information – scroll to the section on radiation to see what they say. The safety warnings are not easy to find. I wonder why? Could it lead to not using your phone so much? Could that lead to a big drain in their profit? These are questions most people never ask.
According to a recent report published by the BioInitiative Working Group (2017), a group of experts from around the world, using a smart phone increases your risk of getting a brain tumor.
It’s time to be more switched on by switching the way you use your phone.
These are my top tips to reduce radiation exposure:
- Use a shielding case designed for your phone and model number and never hold your phone against your head (I use a Vest Anti Radiation Phone Cover)
- Use your phone on loud speak or with ear phones and if you have an anti-radiation phone cover, keep it closed when talking on the phone.
- Never let your kids use your phone as a toy, for two reasons. #1. It exposes them to radiation. #2. You’re training your kids to be dependent on smart technology instead of training them to be smarter than the smart phone. You need your kids to be smarter than the telco’s that don’t care about your child’s development and have no vested interest in their future potential. It’s why we do Wicked Kids Workshops, to ensure you are raising healthy kids, able to reproduce and raise healthy kids of their own.
- Limit exposure by limiting Wi-Fi in vehicles or any metal enclosed environment such as elevators and planes.
- Never sleep with your phone under your pillow.
- Keep all smart devices out of bedrooms and if you don’t have an anti-radiation cover turn your phone off at night.
- Never charge your phone near your bed or next to you during the day.
- All Wi-Fi technology should be used less and blue Ethernet cables more; smart people are wired people.
- Never carry your phone in your top pocket, it could affect your heart and have an impact on your neurological system (Pall 2018)
- Wise up, learn a bit more about this modern technology, it’s dangers and how to keep safe. The Environmental Health Trust is a great place to gain wisdom without pain.
And guys, it’s probably not a good idea to carry your phone in the pocket of your jeans. That’s if you plan on having kids sometime in the future. Who knows what it’s doing to your sperm or your ability to produce a healthy baby.
I used to love my phone and thought I couldn’t do away with it but I wised up and now take prevention seriously. I use wired technology and reduce my exposure by 95%. Mainly because death by brain tumour or cancer is worth preventing.
A little bit of prevention can go a long way and save you lots of misery and heartache. That’s why it pays to think twice before using your phone in your car or truck, on a train or tram, in a lift or in a plane because the radiation is multiplied in metal surroundings. Metal surroundings work just like microwave ovens, they multiply the effects of the radiation. Ouch!
Our next generation is at risk of profits at any cost in business. Governments are not considering the cost to our future generations because they are focusing on the money to be made, not the devastation of multiple health effects.
It’s a pity they don’t look at prevention as a long term investment.
The NBN roll-out of fibre was a good investment, if you can get connected but if all you have access to is wireless, it’s only a matter of time before you will be affected.
We are not told Wi-Fi is the snake in the grass. It will bite you and it will hurt. Would you let your kids play in the grass if you knew a snake was living there. Wi-Fi is not quite the same as a snake because it takes many bites before the danger is exposed or the damage done. But like snakes, Wi-Fi is best kept a long way away from your precious ones and your precious parts, like your brain, your heart and your reproductive system.
Being wiser is a wise move. Don’t let being connected overtake common sense. It doesn’t matter how much money you make if you’re not alive or your kids are not alive to benefit from your hard work.
If you want to know more about prevention and how to create a safer and smarter environment check out our WICKED Workshop topic here.
Read the scientific evidence from experts worldwide: Update Nov 2017 BioInitiative Report 2012
Thanks to Don Maisch PhD from EMFacts Consultancy for sharing and Lennart Hardell, MD, PhD, Associate Professor Department of Oncology, University Hospital, Orebro, Sweden and Michael Carlberg, MSc, Department of Oncology, University Hospital Orbero, Sweden, authors of the Nov 17 Update.
We live in a world where it’s Survival of the Smartest, because fitting in is killing us.
You can learn more about being ahead of the rest at a Survival of the Smartest Workshop, and why fitting in is a problem.
Take care and take control, don’t let others decide your fate.
Cheryl Mead | Building Biologist | EMF Testing Technician and Environmental Health Consultant