Healthy Building Workshop
NATURALLY BETTER BUILDINGS Sustainable For Life
This workshop focuses on easy ways to build a healthy home or renovate for health as well as for prosperity.
Building for Health
- Covers Building Biology basics including precautionary principles, design for location, indoor air quality, energy efficiency, and building performance.
- How to create healthier environments aimed at prevention of age related chronic inflammation, and recovery from illness such as CIRS and cancer.
- Includes passive design principles and features that won't cost the Earth.
- Identifies healthy building materials, and how to select non-polluting products.
- Wet area waterproofing and finishing materials for better performance.
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning pros and cons.
- Consumer products, household cleaning and good habits that make a difference.
Building for Prosperity:
- Tips and tricks we’ve gained from years in the building industry to reduce the stress often associated with building or renovating
- Help to keep the building process flowing without disputes or time related disruptions
- Preliminary research to ensure you don’t over capitalise on your investment
- Where to go to get the best products
- How to manage building costs to ensure you get what you pay for
- What can go wrong and how to avoid cost blow outs.
Cheryl is a practicing Building Biologist with a passion for wellness and helping others live a WICKED life.
Brett is a building practitioner with and unlimited licence and a wealth of building knowledge. The wicked thing is Brett has given Cheryl permission to re-write the future.
Grant is a great source of information from building know-how to fire safety and the prevention of bad things happening and is a strong advocate for prevention and good policy.